A Nice Vegetarian Meal at Home!
Written by Rahmania Radjadi (www.rahmaniaradjadi.com)
Have you ever feel that you want a meal that could satisfy your stomach but don’t want a heavy meal? In this article, I want to share with you a recipe for a meal that could fill your stomach but also a light meal that would not make you regret after having it.
Tofu burger recipe! Who doesn’t like a burger? I mean, a burger contains could contain a protein and the healthy nutrition from vegetables in a burger such as tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and whatever the vegetable is. What makes a regular burger become heavy is that a regular burger also contains so much fat and carbohydrate from the meat and the burger bread. This is why I want to share a tweak of a burger that not only is healthy and light but also will make your stomach satisfy.
This recipe will make about 4 tofu burger.
- 2 tofu
- 4 dried shitake mushrooms
- ½ onion
- bread crumbs or panko
- 1 egg
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cloves of garlic
- rosemary leaves
- olive oil
- low carbohydrate burger bread
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ onion
- ½ tablespoon of cumin seeds
- ½ tablespoon of chili powder
- olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
Making sauce instructions
- chopped the onion finely
- chopped the tomatoes finely
- minced the garlic
- grind the cumin seeds
- get a saucepan and heat it over medium-high heat
- drizzle some olive oil
- add the onion and garlic to the pan and mix it
- add the tomatoes and cook it until soft and mushy
- add the chili powder and the cumin then mix it well
- add enough salt and pepper then mix it well again
- let them cook until all the water from the tomatoes is drained
- your burger sauce is ready!
- soaked the dried mushrooms in hot water for about 15-20 minutes
- after 15-20 minutes, drained the water from the mushroom and minced the mushroom (using the mushroom stem is optional) and put it in a mixing bowl
- remove all the excess water from the tofu using a cheesecloth or a towel
- add the tofu to the mixing bowl
- chopped the onion finely and add it to the bowl
- add about 1 cup breadcrumbs to the bowl
- grate the garlic and add it to the bowl
- add the egg
- add the chili powder to give it a little bit of spicy kick
- add enough salt and pepper
- mix the bowl until all the ingredients mixed
- divided the mixed tofu ingredients into 4 burger patties
- get a pan and drizzle some olive oil on it
- turn on the heat to medium-high
- put the rosemary leaves in the pan and let it soaked in the olive oil for about 15-20 seconds
- cook all the patty for about 4-5 minutes on each side and set them aside on a plate
- using the pan, heat the bread so that the bread will suck all the oil in the pan and set it aside
- get ready to make the burger
- cut the lettuce into a size that could fit in a burger
- put the sauce in the down layer of the burger
- add a tofu patty and lettuce on top of it
- put the top layer of the bread
- your tofu burger is ready to serve!
You can add any toppings you want or even subtitude the bread with lettuce to make it more healthier. You should try this recipe at home because it is delicious and easy to make.