Fast and Healthy! Easy Tofu Teriyaki Recipe
Written by Rahmania Radjadi (www.rahmaniaradjadi.com)
Assalamu’alaikum, hello everybody, I hope you enjoy your days and life surround you is going great! If you are looking for a simple recipe with simple ingredients for your meal, this maybe a good one for you. I love how simple is this recipe that I make this as my “lazy cooking” meal.
On this article I want to share an easy tofu teriyaki recipe that anyone could try easily at home. This recipe also a vegetarian recipe, so if you feel like not eating any meat today you are lucky that you have found this article.
Looks shiny and delicious right?
You can get any of the ingredients easily that you just go to the nearest mini market to your house. I’m lucky that we are so close to a “My Basket” store like around 3 minutes walk that I could always get ￼￼the ingredients there except for the tofu. I usually get the tofu from Hanamasa because this tofu has a particular type that so far I could only get it from there. This recipe is for 4 servings.
• 5 fried tofus
• 2 carrots (big ones)
• 2 leeks or negi
• 1 large onion
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 1 paprika
• 1 table spoon of sesame seeds (can be substituted with sesame oil)
• 1⁄2 cup of soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
• 1⁄2 thumb size of ginger
• 1 table spoon of apple juice (as mirin substitute)
• 1 teaspoon of corn starch dissolved it with water
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil or canola oil
Preparation and cooking steps
• Cut the tofu into small pieces or 2 cm cubes
• Peel the carrots and cut it into small cubes
• Separate between stem and leaf of the leeks, cut the stem diagonally. You can use the leaf for
garnish if you want.
• Slice the onion. Do not slice it into cubes!
• Chopped the garlic into small pieces
• Cut the paprika into nail sized pieces
• Peel the ginger and grated it. We only need the juice
• Mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, and corn starch in a bowl
• Heat a medium sized pan and pour the olive oil
• Add garlic, onion and paprika. Stir fry it but not too long because we still want the crunchy feel
when eating it
• Add the carrots
• Pour the ginger juice and then mixed it well
• Add the tofu and stir again for about 3 minutes
• Add the sauce mix (soy sauce, brown sugar, and corn starch) and stir again for about 2 minutes
• Pour the sesame oil and apple juice
• Add the leek stems (we add it last because we want it to be crunchy). Mixed it well for 3
• Your teriyaki tofu is ready to serve, enjoy! Don’t for get to garnish it!
It’s simple isn’t it? You absolutely should try it too! My husband and I love this recipe and it’s convenience for your lazy cooking day. I hope you like and enjoy this recipe and I wish you all to have a great day!