A really nice grilled chicken recipe
Writer: Rahmania Radjadi (www.rahmaniaradjadi.com)
We knew that there are so many grilled chicken recipe out there, but most of the recipe is using too much spice that sometimes the spice is hard to find. This time I want to share with you a delicious grilled chicken recipe that use a really simple spice and easy for you to buy the spices.
I usually marinate the chicken over night, so, if I have planned to cook grilled chicken, I will prepare the marinate the night before so that it will marinate over night and the spices is really sink in to the chicken meat.
Chicken ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 chicken things (remove all the fat, skin, and bone)
- 1 tablespoon of grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon of red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of crushed chili
- 1 tablespoon of coriander powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of granulated onion
- 1/2 tablespoon of oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Sidedish (Sauted Horenso)
- 1 package of horenso (water spinach)
- 2 clove of garlic
- 1 table spoon of sesame seeds powder or ½ tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- cooking oil
- Mix grated garlic, ginger, paprika powder, red chili powder, crushed chili, coriander powder, cumin, granulated onion, oregano and olive oil in a large bowl
- Rub the chicken with the spices mix, make sure all the chicken is coated
- Close the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit to marinate over night in the fridge
- Make the side dish first by cut the end of the horenso, and wash it.
- Chopped the garlic into small pieces. If you prefer sesame seeds, crushed the sesame seeds to a powder form.
- Heat a pan to a medium high heat and pour about 2 table spoon of cooking oil.
- Add the garlic and stir in until fragrant.
- Add the horenso and mix it well, after the horenso become soft, add the soy sauce and sesame seeds, mix it well again.
- The side dish is ready.
- Now let’s grill the chicken. Heat a grilled pan into high heat (you can use outdoor grill too)
- Pour the olive oil and make sure the grill pan surface is coated
- Turn the heat into medium lhigh heat (we want the chicken is well done and not burnt outside)
- Add the chiken into the grill and grill for about 8-15 minutes on each side
- The chicken is ready!
You can serve it either with potatoes or rice. I sometimes serve it with mashed potatoes which is really suit with the chicken taste. This recipe is easy and use easy to buy spices, you should try it at home. I hope you enjoy it!